The Benefits of Smart Locks – Our Top 6 List
- Security News South Africa
- 05 Oct, 2020
Tired of losing or misplacing your keys? Then it’s time to replace your old traditional locks with smart locks. It is one of the best ways to secure your home. You can’t get more convenient than unlocking your door before you reach it. That’s the beauty of smart locks. You can lock or unlock your door from practically anywhere in the world via an app. If you’re wondering what a smart lock is and how it works. Read on.
A smart lock doesn’t require any physical keys. Depending on the type of lock you have, you simply lock and unlock your doors using an app, your fingerprint, keypads or key-cards, face, or RFID card. If you’re stressing about whether or not you locked your door when you left home, simply check your app and lock it from wherever you are. You even have the option of setting it up to lock automatically when you close it.
The app also allows you to also send out pin codes or unique digital keys to friends, family or neighbours. So if you need someone to check on your home while you’re away, they will have access for a limited amount of time. Smart locks can also be integrated with other smart devices such as a video doorbell so you can check who’s at your door and then unlock it.
The need for security today is much greater than ever before so it’s becoming imperative to find the right lock for your home or business. Smart locks are crammed full of features and benefits that will suit your budget and lifestyle. They are ideal for homes and businesses and are a cost-effective security measure.
Top 6 Benefits of Smart Locks1. Convenient, Key-Free Access – Accessibility is increased when you have a smart lock. Eliminate the stress of trying to remember where you put your keys or whether you locked your doors when you left your office or home. If you’re on a business trip or away on holiday, all you need is a Wifi connection and you will be able to activate your locks from anywhere, anytime.
2. Extra Security – Smart locks are definitely a visual deterrent for criminals. They will give you piece-of-mind and that added security that makes you feel that much safer. No more lock picking burglars.
3. Easy to Use – Easy To Install– Smart locks require no wiring so they are much easier to install than you think. All you will need are a few screws and a little of your time. They also provide easy access for the disabled or elderly by using voice unlock
4. Visually Appealing – Smart locks come in modern, visually-appealing designs that are easy on the eye. Some have elegant touch-screen keypads. They come in a variety of colours that will fit right in with the decor of your home or business.
5. Increase Connectivity – To increase the connectivity among all of your devices, then the integration of your smart locks into your security system will do just that. Remotely lock and unlock doors with ease.
6. Easy To Customise – Smart locks allow you to assign unique codes to family members, friends or house sitters who need access to your home. You have the ability to track who enters or leaves your home and also specify times that the code will work for certain individuals
With the fast-paced advancement of technology today, we are continually searching for new ways to protect our families and valuables. Smart locks offer consumers a convenient, affordable way of protecting their homes.
For a range of smart locks or your home, business or hotel, shop right here at Sabre Security Mart. We stock an extensive range of locks that are easy to program and install. Enjoy convenient, key-free access and become a part of the rapidly growing smart lock market.