Are You Upgrading Or Updating Your Business Security System? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Security News South Africa
- 12 Feb, 2021
If it’s been years since you’ve updated your business security system, then perhaps you should consider doing it now rather than later. Criminals never rest. They are constantly getting smarter and continually finding innovative ways to bypass security systems in homes & businesses. What can be done about this? How can we stay a step-ahead? At Sabre Security Mart, we have the latest hardware and software to ensure your security protocols are firmly in place. Our state-of-the-art products are suited for all kinds of facilities from airports to office buildings. If you are a business owner and your establishment needs high-tech access control and surveillance solutions, we can help. Minimise the risk of security breaches at your business and adopt a diverse, multi-dimensional approach to security.
If your security and surveillance systems are becoming out-dated, don’t wait until they become obsolete before deciding to update or upgrade. It’s harmful for your business and can cost a fortune to improve. A fully functional and reliable security system is imperative with the high crimes rates we as South Africans experience on a daily basis. Covid-19 has also undoubtedly presented businesses worldwide with a whole new set of challenges. Health & safety regulations have to be adhered to in order to protect your property, employees and clients. At Sabre Security Mart, your safety is our business. Read on to find out if your security system is vulnerable and what you can do to upgrade or update it.
The Warning Signs That Your Business Security System Needs Upgrading or Updating
- You haven’t upgraded in years – As your business grows and evolves over the years, so too should your security system. Technology is advancing at a rapid rate and keeping up with it is key to enjoying a safe working environment. Threats are ever present so having a stagnant system means your business constantly faces the risk of theft, hacking and vandalism. If you’re using old technology such as an analogue system, upgrade to a wireless solution today.
- Your business is repeatedly faced with break-ins and security breaches - You need the latest software and hardware security protocols in place to deter criminal activity. Theft and other security violations can cost your business millions annually. Reduce and deter would-be criminal activity by revamping. It will ultimately save you money in the long-run.
- You’ve expanded your premises or increased your workforce– If your establishment has recently expanded to include new offices, factories etc, then you need to make sure the new areas you’ve added have sufficient security systems in place. Take time to address the security needs of extensions at your premises and make sure those areas are adequately safeguarded.
- Your system is not customised to your needs – Customised security systems can be beneficial as they are suited to your particular requirements. Each business is different and so are their security specifications. Small businesses may not need the level of security that for example, a large corporate establishment may need.
- Your existing system has become problematic or defective – If your system experiences glitches or is constantly malfunctioning then you need to replace it with a reliable more robust system. Repairs and maintenance to faulty systems are costly and can be extremely stressful for a business owner. A dependable surveillance or access control system will ensure the safety of your employees as well as visitors to your organisation.
Consider The Following When Updating Your System
1. Biometric access control - It provides extra security, requires low maintenance costs and decreases overhead costs.
2. Security cameras - They monitor activity and keep a constant eye on your business. It's a cost-effective crime deterrent.
3. Integrating with an existing system - They are easier to use and you have centralised network security as well as real-time monitoring.
4. A cloud-based access control system - Your data is secure which means sensitive information and transactions are protected.
5. Security system costs - Make enquiries about the best system for the type and size of your business so you are able to make an informed decision.
Sabre Security Mart is leading provider of biometric access control systems, IP surveillance cameras and remote monitoring devices. We have an online security hyper store with a diverse range of security related hardware and software products suited to your specific needs. We are distributors of many well-known brands such as ZKTeco, Impro, Hikvision and many more. Irrespective of how large or small your security needs are, we have innovative products that will effectively protect your business. We have a well-established national sales team backed up with installers, resellers and product service centres all over South Africa. Don’t overlook the problems you’ve experienced with your security system. It can do more harm than good. An up-to-date system is critical to running an efficient and profitable business. If you’re thinking of updating or upgrading your system, get in touch with our knowledgeable team and get advice on the best way forward for your company.