Alcohol Breathalysers In The WorkPlace – Why You Need Them
- Security News South Africa
- 21 Oct, 2020
The testing of employees for drug & alcohol use is an important part of enhancing and increasing productivity in the workplace today. It is a safety measure that when done, not only saves lives, it increases awareness about the dangers of alcohol related incidents in the workplace. Substance abuse in the workplace can cause costly problems for business owners ranging from insurance claims, to injury, to lost production. Not to mention that the person abusing the substance poses a threat to their own safety and the safety of fellow employees.
Before testing at the workplace begins, your company needs to have an alcohol and drug policy set in place. It not only needs to be easily accessible, it needs to be clearly understood by your employees and kept regularly updated. Listen to the radio interview with Rhys Evans, Managing Director at ALCO-Safe, on why companies need a drug & alcohol use policy. With many companies across the manufacturing and commercial sector re-opening since the lockdown measures were eased, it’s been back to business as usual for most. This along with the re-opening of bottle stores means that the need to perform breath alcohol tests has become imperative for those who want to increase employee job performance & ensure the safety of their workers.
Problems Caused By Substance Abuse in The Workplace
It goes without saying that the consumption of alcohol in the workplace can cause major issues for employee and employer. The patterns of abuse vary across cultures, sexes and industries. Working conditions also play a part and can influence drinking patterns considerably. The harmful and negative effects that workplace drinking has are vast and can have negative consequences in the long and short term. These can include:
- Poor decision making and the inability to complete work tasks
- An increase in absenteeism. They are more likely to take sick days
- Lack of coordination which leads to more mistakes on the job
- Increased workplace injuries to themselves or to others
- They become much less productive
- Lower employee morale
- Increased theft or other illegal activities in the workplace
- Conflicts with co-workers and supervisors that lead to physical altercations
- Anti-social behaviour
Ensure The Health & Safety Of Your Staff
Sabre Security Mart is an online security hyper store that retails a range of alcohol testing equipment to South African consumers. Our breathalysers are accurate, hygienic, easy-to-use and suitable for law-enforcement, manufacturing & commercial industries as well as for personal use. If your company is in dire need of reducing the negative impact and effects of alcohol-related incidents, then purchase our devices now. Our Alcosan & Alcovisor series of testers will help you easily execute breath alcohol tests with speed and precision and ensure the health and safety of your employees. Our products are reliable, innovative and extremely cost-effective. If the correct procedure is strictly adhered to, our range of breathalysers do not pose a health risk to the test subject.
Our Range Of Alcohol Breathalysers
- Alcovisor Mercury Breathalyser: This device uses a long term stability platinum electrochemical sensor which is standard in police issued breath testers. It is equipped with a mouthpiece ejection feature so there is no contact with saliva.
- Alcovisor Mark X Breathalyser: One of the newest, cost effective and most innovative fuel cell breathalysers with pinpoint accuracy on the market. Due to its extreme accuracy and ability to accuracy over several thousand tests, the Mark X is used in all industries across the world, from police departments to industrial sites.
- Alcovisor Jupiter Breathalyser: The Jupiter Alcovisor is a hand-held, affordable and effective breathalyser. Platinum fuel cell technology paired with the latest technology make this device a must have for Law Enforcement and Workplace Testing.
- Alcoscan AL9000: This unit is a high quality hand held, portable Fuel Cell Sensor breathalyser used to check breath alcohol concentration with Law-Enforcement accuracy. Also suitable for use in the workplace.
- Alcosan AL9010: This device is a high quality hand held, portable alcohol tester. Cell sensor technology provides accuracy and a long calibration cycle.
- Alcoscan EBS010: Automated Entrance Breathalyser System. This is a high speed industrial alcohol tester suitable for installation at gates, entrances to sites, turnstiles, refineries and at pedestrian entrance points. It can also be used as a standalone voluntary alcohol tester.
Let’s work together to reduce alcohol consumption in the workplace. By purchasing our alcohol testing equipment, you will be taking precautions to ensure that intoxicated workers do not enter the work environment.